I presented an edited preview of my expert predictions chapter from the second edition of the Best of Branded Content Marketing ebook at the Danish Marketing Association (Huset Markedsføring) today. The event formed part of the launch of the BCMA’s Scandinavian Chapter headed up by Jan Godsk who also contributed to the book.
The Forsman & Bodenfors team also presented a case study of their Volvo Trucks Live Test Series programme that includes the Epic Splits campaign featuring Jean Claude Van Damme, which is also featured in the book.
The book will be launched in London and New York later this month along with my accompanying report, and I’ve put together the following overview from the summary:
WHERE WE ARE
- An overarching definition
- Developing a shared lexicon
- The strategic considerations
WHAT WILL CHANGE
- Branded content marketing at the heart of every strategy
- New agency models evolving, and skillsets required
- More real time and agile, and the rise and rise of storytelling
More platforms, devices and personalisation
Measurement and analytics
- It’s still all about relationships
- Strategy still starts with the data, and is based on deep and meaningful insight
- There’s still a lot to figure out, not least the terminology