The BOBCM team have been helping our partner the Branded Content Marketing Association (BCMA) put together the Re-thinking Creativity panel for the Cristal Festival next month as part of the Branded Entertainment & Content Summit (BECS). This panel discussion forms part of an industry-wide programme with the IPA, ISBA and PRCA. It will be chaired by the BCMA’s CEO Andrew Canter, and includes the following industry experts collaborating on the BOBCM programme:
- James Morris, Global Head of MediaCom Beyond Advertising
- Chris Gorell Barnes, Founder & CEO of Adjust Your Set
- Adam Harris, International Creative Director at Time Out
- Justin Kirby, VP Strategic Content Marketing, Tenthwave Digital
Branded content is predicted to be at the heart of every marketing strategy within the next five years, and most, if not all, of the international creative awards now have a branded content and entertainment category. The panel explores the questions below and looks at whether creating great branded content requires a re-think about creativity, new skillsets, different time frames, and a change to the way that brands allocate and think about budgets:
- But what exactly is branded content, and is it is different from branded entertainment, content marketing and all the other related terms such as native advertising that are being bandied about?
- Just as importantly, are the problems branded content solves for clients different from those solved by advertising?